Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 21 - Corn Palace, Wall Drug

And today we drove past the Corn Palace in Mitchell, South Dakota....

The Corn Palace murals are all made out of corn (husks and all)

And we spent some time wandering around quirky Wall Drug in Wall, South Dakota. It's the biggest drug store in the world made famous in the 1930's by offering free ice water and posting signs the world around. The first billboard we saw said, "Wall Drug only 355 miles ahead!" They still offer "free ice water" and "5 cent coffee." I had a yummy burger made from buffalo. And we took lots of silly pictures....

2 comments:

  1. I almost pissed myself laughing at the pictures... Brian had to come over and see what I was looking at!!! LOL... I love you guys!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry but I just looked at the pictures again...LOL... Look at Michaels face!! (the one where he's holding the baby)

    ReplyDelete