Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Blog, my old friend, how I've missed you

I've come to the realization that I miss my blog. Originally, I intended this to only be a journal of our trip to Nantucket in 2009 ( therein the title: "Nantucket-or-Bust"). But it's just too much darn fun writing it to quit. And since I've never kept a journal before, it seems a worthwhile thing to do. Heaven knows I don't remember half of the fun I had as an exchange student in high school...because I didn't write it down.

So, here's where we're at:

It's Monday, March 29th, and Michael and I have traveled to one of our favorite destinations - Alabama - to hang with Michael's sis and bro-in-law, Anne & Scott. Over the weekend we drove down to a friend's bungalow on the Florida coast and spent a little time wading along the beautiful Gulf Coast. We hit a couple flea markets and 2nd-hand stores, where Michael was (of course) able to add to his thriving Salt & Pepper collection. Here are some pictures:





Scott's son, Tyler, shipped off to Army Basic Training yesterday. He was thrilled to be getting out and starting his life! I remember when I left home after high school. All that excitement! Free at last! ;-)

We are here for another 4 days and then we head to Fort Lauderdale, where we are taking a Princess Cruise to the Bahamas. Even my mother is flying out from Idaho to come along. I can't believe it's actually going to happen. I'll have lots of stories and pictures to post in a week, so stay tuned for that!

Cheers,
Ernest

No comments:

Post a Comment