Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Change in plans

Sunday night I got a frantic phone call from my sister-in-law, Shay.  I barely heard her ask me to come home in between the sobbing.  My dad has taken another turn for the worse. 

After I left this summer and came back to Nantucket, Dad was moved to a rehabilitation home where they could monitor him.  But 2 weeks ago his insurance ran out.  So he went home to the ranch in Malad.  He was extremely happy to begin with, as you can imagine, but unfortunately was rushed to the hospital again Sunday. 

So, I am now headed directly to Idaho tomorrow.  I'm going to feel things out and give my family a break.  I think it's just been too much for them to handle.  If things are serious we may bring Michael to Idaho sooner.  But hopefully that won't be the case and hopefully I'll be able to fly up to Seattle/Leavenworth at some point.  We shall see!

Thank you for all your support!  I will keep you posted. 

Cheers,
Ernest

1 comment:

  1. Ernest, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad's
    health struggle. It sounds scary for the whole family and exhausting for you but also so nice that you are such a big help to your Dad.

    ReplyDelete