Saturday, February 20, 2010

Our year is almost up


Well, our one year in Nantucket is almost up. We arrived mid-April last year and we will be leaving mid-April of this year. I have mixed emotions about our time here. I'm really glad we came. I've always wanted to see Nantucket and Cape Cod because the architecture and design style are iconic. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't that great. Last summer was windy and rainy. But, we did make lots of new friends. I loved my time doing the show Almost, Maine and really enjoyed those people. We worked a lot. And it cemented my opinion that Michael and I could be really fine interior designers. I want to pursue that when we get back to Leavenworth.

Yes, that's right. Leavenworth. We will be back in that small Bavarian Village by May, and we have already secured the condo to live in again. Woo-hoo! We are in the midst of planning another cross-country road trip! This time across the northern United States. These are our planned stops so far:

  • New York City
  • Philadelphia
  • Washington D.C.
  • Cleveland
  • Chicago
  • Mount Rushmore
  • Yellowstone National Park
  • Jackson Hole
  • Palmer Ranch in Malad, Idaho
  • University of Idaho (my alma mater)
  • Leavenworth

What I will miss the most about Nantucket is not the charming waterfront, the fishing village downtown, or the beautiful beaches. It's Brian and Christy. I wish we could pack them in a bag and take them with us.

Stay tuned. Because you know I will be writing daily blogs of our cross-country adventure once it starts.

E

1 comment: