Thursday, April 23, 2009

Best coaster ever?

Dollywood has a couple of the most innovative rides I've ever seen...and I've been to a lot of amusement parks! I have to write a separate post about them, just because they are so cool!

First is the Timber Tower. The video pretty much explains that ride...! In the background of the Timber Tower is the Thunderhead wooden roller coaster, which has won national awards. It's more like a modern steel coaster with all the spins, dives, and fast corners.






Then there is the Mystery Mine. From a distance this just looks like a kiddie ride. But at the very beginning of the ride when it drops you 45 feet straight down a mine shaft, you know that it is not! Several times it stops at the bottom of a mine shaft, then lifts you straight up only to drop you straight back down again. So much fun, we did it twice! If you ask Michael, this is the best coaster ever!!!






Then at the County Fair part of Dollywood is the Dizzy Disk ride. I think they should rename it the Tilt-A-Hurl.




There's more to tell you about Dollywood, but I'm going to stop here. We'll fill you in on the rest the next time we see you. Right now, I'm going to step outside, enjoy the beautiful summer evening, and sip from my Dollywood 2009 Collector's Edition Souvenir Cup.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! The adventure continues! So many fun rides and things to see. Next time you travel cross country...I want to GO!! This trip just keeps getting better and better. Is that possible?!! And to have Nantucket at the end of the journey? You are so very lucky! Enjoy and keep us posted. We LOVE the updates and pictures and videos! Love 2 you both. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, so dollywood sounds like it is a truly an theme park with great rides...glad you had fun. Plus, it has all that other stuff that parks just don't have - awards, wigs, dresses...I don't think I'd like the dropping ride like Michael! Lisa

    ReplyDelete