Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sedona, Oh My!

On Friday morning with the breathtaking vistas of the Grand Canyon still fresh in our minds, we drove south to Sedona. We left the ponderosa pine forest of Flagstaff and descended 2000 feet down a winding, switch-back road into the Oak Creek Canyon.

For the past three million years, Oak Creek has carved a 12-mile-long, 2,000-foot-deep slice along the fault line. At the bottom lies Sedona. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. The town is built of dazzling red sandstone found in the surrounding rocks. There is an original sculpture every ten feet and even the buildings are sculptures in and of themselves. We stayed for 2 hours, drinking fantastic coffee and eating homemade pie for breakfast at the Black Cow Cafe.


3 comments:

  1. Hey Guys! I love reading your blog!!
    Ernest~ seriously, do you write blogs for a living? I find myself laughing out loud and reading the paragraphs over and over again. I can't wait to meet you.
    Michael~ It's crazy to imagine you are getting closer and closer everyday. Sounds like you've had some great adventures along the way. Hope you're having a blast!
    Best wishes for safe travels and tons of fun the rest of the trip.
    Love, Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sedona is amazing...did you feel the 'vibes'???Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about any magical "vibes". But I did feel inspired!

    ReplyDelete