Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sights I find interesting in Nantucket

Downtown Nantucket or Nantucket Proper, if you will, is paved with cobble stones. And I don't mean the fake ones you can get at Home Depot. These are real, beautiful, impossible-to-drive-quickly-over, watch-where-you-step-or-you-just-might-fall-and-break-your-face stones.


And here are the masters that do it. Looks like back-breaking work.


So, it's near impossible to find a business here. They all look like houses!! There are no giant signs announcing the store or any outdoor advertising. But that's the charm of it all. Most all the houses have cedar shingling, which turns a washed-out gray after weathering a season. And each building may ONLY have white trim.


This pic is for Anita & Lisa...


I hear Nantucket has plenty of Theater. Perhaps the Starlight Theatre & Cafe will be for me...? (Please no! Anything but dinner theater!)

5 comments:

  1. Hey. I worked for a dinner theater. Twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's where the store is...thanks for literally pointing it out :) I love Nantucket all ready. lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Cobblestones, Batman! I am totally coming to visit you guys as soon as you get a chance to settle in and I get some cash. I miss you both so much already. Hope to see you soon:)

    Love,
    Shayna

    ReplyDelete
  4. More pics! More pics! More pics!! ;) What?? Now you just get to chill and have fun 'on island'??! What the hell?!! Withdrawals here. Need more humor. More pics. More updates!! Miss you guys lots. Can't wait for October. Love you both. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright. Time for an update. Getting bored with the sights you find interesting. Where's the pictures of the new apartment sans furniture?

    ReplyDelete