Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 14 - Smithsonian

The Smithsonian Castle

We had one thing left to see in DC before heading west. And that was the Smithsonian. Now, I realize that there are miles and miles of Smithsonian exhibits in many, many buildings. So, I narrowed it down. I wanted to see the Castle and I wanted to visit the National Museum of Natural History. Ever since seeing a picture book of this museum as a kid I've wanted to go here. It's an item to check off my bucket list!

Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History

Hall of Dinosaurs

We also had a chance to visit with my cousin David Palmer, who lives and works in DC. He is employed by Homeland Security and the part of his job that he can actually talk about...involves the deportation of foreign spies operating on U.S. soil. Cool, huh? We had lunch at a DC Steak House - just the kind of place you can picture lobbyists and politicians swinging deals and making plans for our future.

Me and my cousin David. I don't remember it being that windy.

Washington Monument on the Mall

3 comments:

  1. Приветствую Вас Майкл и Эрнест!
    Я Евгений из России,случайно зашёл на Ваш блог.Мне понравилось!Свой блог ещё оформляю,надеюсь Вам тоже понравится.У меня много интересов.Но здесь, много не напишешь.Если есть желание переписываться с Русским о жизни,пишите мне.Буду рад.
    Мой адрес:lavr@dax.ru

    ReplyDelete
  2. chistota9@gmail.com
    Это ещё один мой адрес
    С Уважением Евгений.

    ReplyDelete
  3. watch video

    ☆★ DJ•THUG☆★] 2Pac - ☆★Ride 4☆★ Me ☆★2010 From: ☆★Official☆★DJThug |☆★ WHERE☆★ IT ☆★COME FOM☆★September 12, 2010 | 244 views

    This is just a snippet for now. Sorry for da bad quality, the acapella is D.i.Y. But If I find the better and full acapella I'll upload the full version. And I got the acapella Yesterday from DJ Veli. And the Instrumental is from DJ Armz. Anyway I hope you enjoy it. Please leave a comment, I appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete