Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day One - Staten Island

"Sunrise over Cape Cod"


"Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean." --Christopher Reeve

Our journey back home began today. We rolled off of Nantucket and out of Massachusetts pretty much the same way we arrived exactly one year ago: filled with hope and with Kelly Clarkson blasting on the stereo! It was a perfect, gorgeous day to drive through Rhode Island and Connecticut into New York. We are staying the night at the Staten Island Hilton. I decided to spend a little extra for our hotel tonight, because they have a secure parking lot.... Maybe it's my small-town country upbringing, but I get a little nervous driving into a city as big as New York with everything I own stuffed into a van and spending the night.

We already had our first celebrity sighting! That is, if a Fox News Channel 5 reporter counts... Both Channel 5 and Channel 1 news stations were broadcasting live out front. Apparently the Republican Gubernatorial Candidate for New York was here today. He is in the news for forwarding an email full of extreme racist jokes. Nice.

Tomorrow we see Wendy Williams, live and in person! I guess I better get off the computer and start ironing the dress clothes we are required to wear to the show. Do I even remember how to iron.....?

"Morning muffin on the ferry"

1 comment:

  1. Wait... I think he was texting me in this picture!!!

    ReplyDelete