Thursday, April 22, 2010

More good friends

David, Ernest, and Charlie hugging it out

I was so excited to see David Austin and Charlie Parker! They are good, good friends from my years as an actor in Seattle. They both looked fabulous. We met for lunch at Arriba Arriba on 51st. It was very interesting to hear what it's like to follow your dreams to New York. As an actor. A director. A playwright.

Charlie just returned from a tour of "Cinderella" across Asia. It's funny to me that you have to move to New York in order to get a tour that takes you away from New York. But that's what happens. Charlie is also on the HBO show "Empire Boardwalk." And she's directing now too.

David and his cute boyfriend (who I still have yet to meet) are doing well and even planning on expanding their family. That's all I'll say about that. I'm not sure he's told everyone yet. And he is still writing and producing plays. He's a genius and probably the funniest person I know. So many memories! David was also in an off-Broadway play, and I was told by other people that he was hilarious in it.

I miss these guys so much. I wish they hadn't moved to NY. But I know they are here doing what they want. And I'm very happy for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment